Purple Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alyaha: resto shaman

2 posters

Go down

Alyaha: resto shaman Empty Alyaha: resto shaman

Post  Alyaha Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 pm

You have to fill in all of the fields!

Real Life Age: 30 (almost 31 Rolling Eyes)

Character Name: Alyaha
Class: Shaman
Spec (List all specs that you can do for your class): Resto (main) and elemental.
Gear (We can look up Armour but that is a only a snapshot off what you are wearing): I talked about that with Mortcia, she has a good view of (current) gear.

What are 2 primary professions of your character:
Profession:
Level: within the top bracket, still missing quite a few glyphs
Profession: Mining
Level: not mentionable (I recently had a long wow break and I switched to mining just before that)

What secondary professions do you have, and what level they are (Cooking/Fishing/First Aid): All not extremely high, that's what I have my uber bf for. *bats eyelashes in his general direction*

Factions.
Please state what factions you are exalted with:
I am not a rep whore and have no clue by heart (not saying that everybody who DOES know by heart is in fact a rep whore of course :p). I know that I have the levels of rep I needed to get the items I wanted.

Alt’s.
Do you have any alts?
If you do, list their level(s)/class(es)/spec(s):
I have loads of alts (all char slots taken), but the most important one would be Aginda, a level 80 owl with comparable gear to Alyaha (last time we checked even a bit better). I am more than willing to swap her into raids when needed, but I prefer Alyaha. None of my other alts have reached 80 and are there to do some relaxing leveling or beat out the "all instance servers are full" :p.

Raiding experience.
Please state what raiding experience you have (WotLK, TBC, pre-TBC): With Alyaha I have only raided in WotLK (Naxx 10 some 25, some U 10). With Aginda I raided as a tree before WotLK: MC, BWL, Old Naxx. Then TBC came: Maggie, Gruul, Zul'aman, SSC, The Eye, Mount Hyjal, BT. And then LK: Naxx 10 and 25, Sarth + 1 10.

What raiding communities have you been in and why you left:
Vanilla: Valde Trucido (community). I was an officer there and lots shit started hitting fans amongst the officers.. or rather all the officers against a corrupt leader. I decided to leave the drama behind and joined TFR. I was with them from start to farm through BWL. And start of old Naxx. When I felt that I started to outgrow the general level of maturity there I made another swap just before TBC hit. I joined the raiding community RSA which was part of.. dang what was that big guild called again? Sorry, I have forgotten. When TBC hit, most wanted to level as fast as possible and start raiding. I decided to leave and make a new guild with old friends with whom we would level and enjoy the scenery. Then I joined BDS (Blackrock Diving School) which was called differently back then, but I can't remember the name. The guild had the great ambition of being both very social AND have great progress in raiding. For a while there we succeeded. In the end it became more and more hardcore and 'flamey' and another expansion hit so that's when I left them and joined yet again a calm guild with old friends for the leveling. While in BDS I was healer leader for a while (once Deeva (also applying, ... I hope) stopped doing that) and made many "How to Heal:" vids (all TBC raids though).

Long raid history, long story to type. You asked for it! :p

Are you a member of a guild and or any other RC? I am currently a member of Academy of Insanity. We are a guild of friends who through the game became RL friends we try to setup a weekly raid, but often have to pug a few even for our 10 mans.

Do you have Ventrilo or able to install it? I have it, but I am running a mac. The Vent server will have to run a specific codec (i'm on it with evertje).

Do you have DBM, BigWigs or any other workable Bossmods addon installed? I have DBM (it seems a bit buggy after the latest patch though..)

Where did you hear about Purple Sky?
Deeva pugged with you (Naxx 25) and started whispering me about it. At the same time me and the bf had started doing speed hcs with Fifi and Bell. (Piffae and Belgrum)

Do you know anyone in Purple Sky? See above.

Did anyone recommend you to Purple Sky? See above.

I would like to add that it's important for me to stick together with Burgos (bf). Well and Deeva, but she's not my gf.. yet.
Also adding that we have a child and Burgos works shifts (sometimes) so I am not available for 5 raids a week. You can count on 2-3 though. (sometimes more)

Thank you for reading through this long long post!

Alyaha

Back to top Go down

Alyaha: resto shaman Empty Re: Alyaha: resto shaman

Post  bubs Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi hun Very Happy

Well, you're a very good healer, so no complaints there :p you healed amazingly in ulduar (especially with your current gear).
So you got my vote!

And thanks for taking the time to make such a toroughly application, it's really much appreciated. You have a good background with raids in general, you're a friendly and nice person, i really don't see any reason not to let you (and your bf, and deeva for that matter, who dealt some really nice dps in that naxx25 run) into the guild.

As you might know, we don't have a weekly raid attendance we expect from our members, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. You guys aren't the only parents in the guild aswell, so we know stuff as: 'oh guys, give me a min, the little one got out of bed' happens, and we're totally ok with that.

cheers,
Bubs (mortcia ^^)
bubs
bubs
Right Hand
Right Hand

Back to top Go down